For USAction affiliate job openings, please click here.
National Campaigns Associate
The National Campaigns Associate is responsible for assisting the National Campaigns Director in implementing successful issue and electoral campaigns and will also work closely with our state affiliates and the Program, Development, Digital and Field departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Campaign and Program Support
- Assist National Campaigns Director in developing new and managing existing relationships with key national partners. Help build coalitions and attract participation in coalitions and events in D.C. and in the field.
- Represent USAction and USAEF at various tables and at coalition calls, briefings and meetings.
- Produce and distribute weekly program briefing with legislative updates and resources for affiliates and staff.
- Identify, organize and share messaging and organizational resources.
- Track and monitor partners, coalitions, listservs, legislation, policy initiatives, and provide timely updates and developments on a daily basis.
- Track and manage external sign-on letters.
- Seek opportunities to promote and connect USAction and USAEF to a broader audience.
- Manage internal sign-on letter process and provide programmatic support for national days of action.
- Provide administrative support for campaign and program meetings.
- Gather information and conduct policy research for issue campaigns and help with material production.
Civic Engagement Support
- Assist National Campaigns Director with implementation of overall political strategies, including supporting affiliates with planning and carrying out CE programs.
- Research, analyze and report district and state targeting information.
- Manage and implement political technologies and tools (VAN, etc.) for use on the national and affiliate level.
- Investigate feasibility of implementing new technologies (IVR, Virtual Phone Banks etc.)
- Support data management and analytics.
- Interface with political vendors and help manage and track vendor contracts.
- Assist National Campaigns Director with resource delivery and campaign assistance that ensures campaign effectiveness and partner and affiliate engagement.
- Participate in the planning and support of USAction and USAEF program and Board events.
- Ideal opportunity for someone with minimum of 3 years experience in an organizational and a grassroots campaign setting with a commitment to social and economic justice.
- Knowledge of a range of issues and organizations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Electoral experience and competence with voter systems and technology: VAN, virtual phone banks and list management.
- Professional, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and to work well in teams.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with duties and staff level. This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits that include health care, a generous vacation policy, 401k, Flexible Spending Account and Smart Benefits.
Send cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com Please put National Campaigns Associate in the subject line. Please apply now. Deadline for applications is March 5.
USAction and USAction Education Fund are equal opportunity employers. It is our policy not to discriminate against any individual for any reason including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, ethnic background, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identification or ability. We work to recruit, retain, and identify leadership positions for staff members who represent these communities and/or who are from low-income backgrounds.
Are you looking to gain hands on experience fighting for progressive causes like income equality, jobs, health care for all, fair elections and important social programs like Head Start and SNAP?
And learning more about the movement for social justice?
Are you looking for an interesting, fun, and engaging internship? USAction seeks 2 Summer Fellows for June – August 2014 program. Start and end dates are flexible depending on your availability or school program.
USAction is a national non-profit organization dedicated to social, economic, and political justice. We connect people locally and nationally, on-the-ground and online to build power and create change. USAction is made up of 20 state based affiliate organizations and a national staff working together on local, state, and national campaigns.
The Summer Fellows Program is open to college or graduate students. Our program is structured for students who can earn school credit for the internship. There are two separate tracks within the program – one focused on issue and electoral campaigns and one on development and fundraising. The campaigns program is part time (~12 hours per week) while the fundraising program can be full time or part time. Both tracks include advocacy and fundraising training/s and both positions will work with all USAction staff.
This is a competitive, application-based program. To apply send your resume and cover letter detailing your availability and interest in progressive politics to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information visit usaction.org. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.